Codename :: 柊


未来の世界 :: 僕の夢.私の夢
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:57 AM
Just out fer Attention.
Section 377A of the Penal Code of Singapore is the main remaining piece of legislation which criminalises sex between mutually consenting adult men.

Section 377A ("Outrages on decency") states that: Any male person who, in public or private, commits, or abets the commission of, or procures or attempts to procure the commission by any male person of, any act of gross indecency with another male person, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 2 years.



Alright... So the now infamous Gay Couple whose case was recently dismissed, have appointed top lawyers to help with their appeal.

I have nothing against Homosexuals and I have very close friends who are one. So before I start firing away, do note that this is a personal thought specifically targeted about this "Drama".



I do not see why they need to make so much "noise" about their sexual preference. I believe both these 2 macho dudes have served our Army well and looks totally combat ready. Therefore, I must say that they do know the "hidden" core value; do anything you want but do not get caught.

The reason of which baffles me is that just like my Uncle who is a homosexual, has spent his entire life with his Boyfriend till his death and not once have they seen the need to disclose their relationship to the public eye. We are already lucky that now gay couples are accepted in our society and that when we do see 2 guys holding hands, they are more accepted in ways compared to my Uncle's time back in his youth. Moreover, who will know if you had homosexual sex in private? Unless you intend to publicly showcase it, I seriously doubt if the Police will handcuff you away but then again, doesn't that apply to all of us; indecency in public? So my question is why raise the alarm now?

To me, I just feel that the two of them wants attention and wants their community to look upon them as heroes. Changing the law doesn't mean changing the general mindset of people. Its like I will never be able to accept sex between 2 men even if the law permits however that does not hinder my judgement of a person because of that. What you do behind closed doors is your business and in this case, they should just keep it as that. I'm disturbed at their outcry... then again maybe I was influenced too much by my Uncle who was reserved and happy with his relationship; rings but no marriage certificate. Family with no Children but lots of dogs. Contented and Blissful.

So what do you peeps think? Cheers people.
Profile


D^Boy aka HiiRaGi
Scorpio

A Life dedicated to the 'F4' family, EGUES, Adorhythmatics & my Girl


D' Selected

Speak Out



Miku~ :D




EXITS

~Webbies~

Thank You
To all the wonderful people who supports my dreams and passion!