An interesting read: 8 warning signs that your spouse has become your 'sibling'You are married, but both you and your partner look like slobs at home and sex has become an obligation rather than a pleasure. If you can relate to all these things, you and your partner might have become sibling spouses.
The June issue of Simply Her magazine looks at couples who start to behave like 'siblings'.
There are several warning signs you can look out for to determine if you and your spouse are indeed becoming more like siblings.8 warning signs you’re becoming sibling spouses:
1. You don’t have a problem walking in on each other in the bathroom.
2. You sleep in the same bed but it doesn’t feel like there’s anyone else there but you.
3. When you receive news – good or bad – he’s not the first person you text.
4. You both look like slobs at home.
5. On the rare occasions you share a meal, you don’t have anything to say to each other.
6. You squabble over the silliest things, the way you and your brother did.
7. You rarely give a thought to what he thinks. Neither does he care what’s on your mind.
8. You can’t remember the last time you had sex. What’s worse, you’re not in the least turned on by him.
But then, who’s to say they can’t go on like that, if they’re both happy and no one is getting hurt?
Overall a healthy marriage involves respect, commitment, shared ideals, attraction, intimacy and sex. Whether if the last three are absent will indeed be the reason for a faltering marriage, it is entirely up to each individual. However in my case, it does indeed matter to me.
Hopefully this will help identify some issues that your partner and you may have. God Bless!