Codename :: 柊


未来の世界 :: 僕の夢.私の夢
Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:28 PM

Birthday wants REVISED:

1) Sony Ericsson Satio or Samsung i8910 Omnia HD (1st Choice) or White Nokia N97 (2nd Choice)

2a) Nikon D5000 kit set or Sony α350 kit set

2b) Sony DSC-HX1 (1st Choice) or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (2nd Choice)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The updates are more of what I want rather than birthday wishes since such presents are not feasible within the peeps from ‘P.R.I.D.E.’; wait till we earn big bucks.

I am giving the Sony Ericsson Satio a thought in comparison to the Omnia HD is mainly because I was impressed by the camera functions and the ease of it operating as one however the disappointing part is that unlike the Omnia HD, it does not have a 3.5mm audio jack and is still using that horrid Sony Ericsson proprietary Fastport.

The other factor is the kind of screen that the phone uses. The Sony Ericsson Satio uses a resistive display in whereas the Omnia HD uses a capacitive display. I was surprised that the Sony Ericsson Satio is using a resistive display as its ‘brother’, the Sony Ericsson Aino is using a capacitive display. Howover, it did not feel like a resistive display as it responded to my 'touch' smoothly and there were no irritating issues of scrolling; i.e. you do not need to push like your life depended on it. The only imperfection I felt was that little lag which I am not able to confirm is it due to the symbian OS or the resistive display.

On the other hand, the Omnia HD gave me much joy as I played around with all the functions of the phone. The screen colours were top-notch and the capacitive display made browsing through the different menus and access its multimedia capabilities easily. The speakers too were loud enough for decent playback of audio without the headphones.

My past experience with the Ominia had me hating the widgets and therefore I prefer Satio's own little tweak to the main screen rather than that of Samsung's widgets. I had never liked the widgets as it felt like I am messing up the main screen. The other annoying thing is that you cannot 'remove' them from the widget bar and the bar just stacks up with 'redundant' shortcuts.

Nevertheless, I am still more impressed by the Omnia HD and its definately my choice at this point of time. It has a decent camera, capacitive display, 3.5mm audio jack and charges and transfers using a mini usb port. Seriously, if I do not end up buying this but the Nokia N97 instead, it is plainly because it is too expensive.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As for the cameras I am interested in... I really like the Nikon D5000 in terms of an entry level SLR. It was really fun to shoot with however its not really within my reach. That is where the Sony α350 comes in. It is not too bad in terms of functionality and image processing but its 'light-weight' does not exactly gives me a sturdy hold.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Sony DSC-HX1 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35... both are actually on par here since I've been using the Panasonic Lumix semi-SLR for years now and it still serves me well. Sad to say, I really like the build of the Sony DSC-HX1 over the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35. It is sad that Panasonic did not do much improvement to the bodykit of the 'FZ' range.

All in all, these are the takes on why these are the choices of my Birthday wish/wants. Whatever it is, these are material wants and not exactly a big deal to me. I am thankful for having close friends who care and love me for who and what I am and remind me of how special I am every year during my birthday. Thanks Peeps!!! ^____^

God Bless and have a good week ahead~
Profile


D^Boy aka HiiRaGi
Scorpio

A Life dedicated to the 'F4' family, EGUES, Adorhythmatics & my Girl


D' Selected

Speak Out



Miku~ :D




EXITS

~Webbies~

Thank You
To all the wonderful people who supports my dreams and passion!